Thursday, March 19, 2009

5 minutes from tip-off

It's almost time. We're closing in on the start of the tourney, and I thought I'd post a couple of quick things.

1) We have a new member...ladies and gentleman, we got him - BOMB is now officially a part of the Football Challenge world. Welcome. I believe you entered a bracket for the tourney, so good luck.

2) How many different kinds of pools can you be in? Well, I'm trying to set a record for variety this year. I have the following:

1) BBY Pool - standard, just like ours
2) Our 4 person team pool
3) A number pool where I have a winning number "7" and a losing number "8" for every game and get paid for each game that ends like this.
4) A ranking pool where I put all the teams in order 1-64 and you get that number of points for each game that the team wins.
5) Point spread - I'm betting on a few games against the spread as well just for good measure. I picked them all, so we'll see how that turns out.

On top of that - we're having a baby on Saturday for sure...maybe sooner. We'll see what happens over the next day or so. But I like the idea of bringing my son into the world in time to watch the Gophers beat Duke and win the Final 5 on the same day! Sounds like a plan - as long as the little man cooperates.

Sadly, I actually have to be at work doing some things today - but I'll be glued to the set all night so I'll probably be in contact with you guys.

Enjoy the madness!!

PJ describes the next 4 days perfectly..."In Hiding"

I shut and locked the front door
No way in or out
I turned and walked the hallway
And pulled the curtains down
I knelt and emptied the mouth of every club around
But nothing's sound, nothing's sound

I'd stay but my last cab left me
Ignored all my rounds
Soon I was seeing visions and cracks along the walls
They were upside down

I swallow my words to keep from lying
I swallow my face just to keep from biting, I, I..
I swallowed my breath and went deep, I was diving, diving
I surfaced when all of my being was enlightened.

No comments:

Post a Comment