Wednesday, February 18, 2009

LAME




How much does this suck? Well, I suppose we can't jump to any conclusions until we know more, but what a kick in the nuts for Maresh and Gopher Nation. Obviously, the guy's health is the first concern - but all signs are positive from what I've heard that it is not cancer. Once we know he'll be okay, the focus will shift to what this means for Maresh getting on the field. I heard a report this morning that he may still be ready to play in the fall after surgery and rehab...but I gotta believe that is a long shot. I think the best case scenario might be for him to work into it very slowly throughout the year and get ready for the next 3 years. He may even be able to get another medical redshirt year through the NCAA which would make him a freshman again in 2010. Who knows, just have to hope for the best for this poor guy who can't seem to catch a break.

In other news, the Wolves might not win again. They may make some noise on Thursday, but I'm not holding my breath. I love anything that invloves getting a living, breathing player or pick in exachnage for McCants. We'll see, but this team is unwatchable for the rest of 09...call me when it's draft time and I'll start paying attention. Although we could probably make some cash betting against them the rest of the year!

208 days until kick-off BTW...after some early B10 analysis, I like us to be right around 5th-6th in the B10 again this year. Very tough schedule, but we could surprise some people depending on how the message lands from the new coordinators. I'm thinking of starting some pre-spring ball extensive conference previews next week...I know you're all excited for that.

WHO HATES IOWA?!?!

So the 2 tards on the ESPN2 morning show have provided a couple of ranting topics for me this week:

1)If the Vikes sign Garcia, they are the NFC favorite.
Really? I know he had some flashes last year, and he's familiar with the system, but do we really feel like at 39 he can take this team to the promised land. I definitely don't hate the move, and I think it COULD be an upgrade - but I'm not ready to book my tickets to the big game if we sign this guy. Cassell is not the answer either - giving up 2 picks for the next Scott Mitchell is never a good plan.

2) Steroids. Anyone who has seen this morning show knows that this is their FAVORITE ALL-TIME topic ever. I flipped it on when I woke up and watched for 5 minutes and all they talked about was 'roids. Is it cheating? What we're the players thinking? Why didn't Bud stop it? same sh*t we've been talking about for like 3 years. So I turned it off, and flipped it on nearly an hour later and they were having the same conversation!! How about talk about Spring Baseball, NFL Free Agency, NCAA Hoops, god even the NHL would be more interesting than this garbage. These guys really bug me.

Closing it out with a little PJ once again...SOMETIMES

large fingers pushing paint
you're god and you've got big hands
the colors blend... the challenges you give man
seek my part... devote myself
my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
sometimes i know, sometimes i rise
sometimes i fall, sometimes i don't
sometimes i cringe, sometimes i live
sometimes i walk, sometimes i kneel
sometimes i speak of nothing at all
sometimes i reach to myself, dear god

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQn6yaWPlWY

No comments:

Post a Comment