Wednesday, February 25, 2009

...and totally redeem yourself!

What's up guys? It's been a while since I posted anything, but since the last post I've had nothing but good news.

1) I have a job! Yeah! D-Day was last Thursday, and I'm still around. Kind of a nice to have an income when you buy a new house and have a baby due any day.

2) Sam Maresh - scar tissue, awesome. Looks like lady luck might finally be on Sam (and the Gophers) side for a change.

3) Joe Crede - how money is this signing?!? and at only $2.5M guaranteed? nice. This is the right-handed power hitter we've been asking for over the last 5 years.

4) TCF BANK STADIUM - we went to the NW hoops game on Sunday, which was the first time I had seen it. My god - a tear came to my eye as we approached Dinkytown and the new structure came into view. The scoreboard is HUGE - seriously, I knew it was big, but it is ridiculous. I can't wait to see the final touches and select my new seats. You should definitely swing by and see it if you get the chance, it gave me chills.

5) New Phone - I'm going to finally break into the smartphone generation. Anna is upgrading me for my B-day so I'm trying to decide between a blackberry or possibly the iPhone. Either way, expect way more texting from me now that it won't take 2 days to type a sentence.

6) Ellie won "fan of the game" at the Gophers-NW game, Anna took her pic and emailed it in during the game, then they showed it on the scoreboard and we got a $50 gift card to BBY. It was pretty sweet...but Ellie's highlight came when Goldy walked up our row and gave her a big hug and high-5, she was so pumped. Not to mention an easy Gophers W, which was MUCH NEEDED

So that's about it. We are in a holding pattern waiting for #2 to show up and get us on our new 2 hour sleep schedule at night. Honestly, we're super excited and are ready for this to happen - I'll let you all know when it does. All in all, we're coming out of the snoozing, boring time of the year and into the next big round of sports highlights. March madness will be coming soon, I'll try and have a pool again for the 4 of us. I also thought about NBA/NHL playoff challenge for something fun to do. I'm watching Tiger right now - looks rusty...not. He might beat this slug he's playing in 10 holes. I heard him talking earlier today and saying how playing money games with the boys isn't quite the same as teeing off on #1 in a tourney. Honestly, who in their right mind plays a $ game against Tiger F'ing Woods! Does he give you like 2 shots a hole? It's like challenging Roe in the NCAA Football Regular Season - you just will not come out on top.

Per tradition, PJ - not sure why I chose this one, but it's been in my head all day and is currently playing as I write this.


She scratches a letter
Into a wall made of stone
Maybe someday
Another child
Won't feel as alone as she does

It's been two years
And counting
Since they put her in this place
She's been diagnosed
By some stupid fuck
And mommy agrees
Why go home?
Why go home?
Why go home...

No comments:

Post a Comment