Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Dead time

Hey Guys -

For me, this is officially the dead time of year for sports. I know, I know, we've got lots of teams playing, but nothing great going on. But, I've got 20 minutes to spare right now, so here's where I'm at on a few topics - this is truly what a blog is for anyway, right?

A-ROD
Who cares?!? I know he's a huge name, and this "revelation" of him admitting to steroids is big news. But seriously, if you've watched ESPN the last 3 days you'll realize this is the only thing they can show and talk about. And really, how much is there to say? Everyone knows baseball is/was as crooked as can be with cheaters everywhere, so what more is there to say about it? I really don't understand the fascination with this whole topic over the last few years.

ALOMAR
Did I miss this a while back? I guess Roberto Alomar has full blown AIDS and is being sued by a girlfriend for knowingly giving it to her. I always thought maybe he swung the other way, so I'm not sure if the AIDS thing or the girlfriend thing is more shocking.

TRABIS WARD
Do you think his mom wanted to name him "TraVis" but didn't know how to spell? Either way, he's a 4**** RB with his sites set on the U assuming he gets a passing score on his ACT/SAT which comes back tomorrow. My thought is that you can never have enough star talent on your squad, and depth at the RB position is a must as we learned this season. Sounds like a done deal for the Gophs as long as he qualifies.

GOPHER HOOPS
This squad is getting more frustrating to watch by the week. At least it was a win last night, because a lost would have been a disaster. But they will need to pick tihngs up quite a bit to win 3-4 more games and have a decent spot in the Big Dance.

WOLVES
Well, it's a shame we won all those game in JAN. With Big Al out, this team won't win 10 more the rest of the season, so we should have a Top 5 pick once again come June. Not the worst thing that could have happenend...as long as Al comes back at 100%.

Schedules are starting to be finalized around the country, so an EARLY EARLY EARLY look into NCAA Football 2009-10 is what's on my mind. I'm thinking a conference by conference breakdown coming in the near future. Who do you guys like in the SunBelt this year?

Latest I'm hearing on the Spring game is St. Thomas, or Minnetonka HS...hopefully more details will come around soon and we'll get this set up. Other than that, we're 4 weeks out until Baby Boy Rollins comes into the world...over/under on height at
3'6" out of the womb. So that's pretty much what I'll be doing for the forseeable future...hope to talk to you guys soon.

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment