Thursday, August 21, 2008

ESPN previews

What's up???

Not sure if you guys saw the ACC preview for last night on ESPN. Both May and Holtz both picked mighty Wake Forest to take down the BCS spot for the conference. I know they were able to make it two years ago in a very, very down year for the ACC...but no way do I think they can take it down again.

I might be riding the bandwagon, but if Clemson can't get it done this year I don't know if they ever can. Tommy's job might depend on the outcome of their season. I think the Hokies, Deacs, and maybe even the Noles can give them a run, but I think it's gotta be Clemson's year.

And they had better get it now, because once Shannon gets Miami going again, the Canes will be back in full force...contending for conference title in '09, and back for sure in 2010. But we'll see.

Mike

3 comments:

  1. Shocking that Kobs is riding the "MIAMI IS COMING BACK" state of mind that is going around these days. I can't pick WF to win the ACC, unless we're talking hoops. I like VTECH - the Heels might be able to make a little noise as well this year. I will believe in the CLEMSON hype once they actually win a big game. I think they will struggle in the opener w/ALABAMA.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Meant to say...you know I'll always be riding the Canes are back bandwagon. But seriously, UNC is a solid sleeper pick. Not sure about this, are the Heels in their new stadium this year? Or not yet?

    ReplyDelete