Thursday, November 17, 2011

Week 12 Preview

Tons of football on tonight, and a special appearance by our favorite savior/QB...


Before we get to tonight's picks, here's what we have for the week:

JR: TT RUT MARSH RICE ARKST TN ECU LSU VIR UCLA BUF CLE ARI SD TEN


JG: VT BC MN IND NEB ISU OLE BUF ARI TEN NYJ TB CIN CHI KC

MR: GT MSU WIS OHIOST OKST MIZZ OK BOISE USC ARK NYJ SD CAR DAL OAK

AW: MARY WIS MN IOWA TEX LOU HOU FIU HAW NYJ OAK BUF JAC SEA ATL

GR: WIS MSU PUR PSU OKST OK ND ORE NYJ OAK DAL CHI GB NYG NE

MH: WIS MSU PUR MN OHIOST NEB NAVY BOISE STAN HAW OAK BUF SEA CIN SF

MC: NILL OHIO AKR EMU FAU UTST BUF CIN CAR ARI TB CLE DEN WAS STL

SS: VT WIS OHIOST OK UCONN USF BOISE STAN WASU ULM BUF NYJ NE SD MIN

RO: IOWA KST WASU LSU HAW BUF NE SD MIN STL SF DAL GB NYG DET

TN: VIR IOWA OHIOST KST OK OKST RUT HOU ARK GEO NE STL GB CIN CAR

MT: CLEM FSU WIS NEB IND OKST HOU UAB ORE DET NYJ TB OAK CHI KC

GT: CLEM FSU NC WIS NEB OKST HOU TCU ORE GB CIN CAR BUF NYG WAS

MS: X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X

CP: WIS PUR PSU TT HOU RICE NILL COLST WASU LSU CIN NYG NYJ TB SD

LW: GT NEB MSU NW KST OK UCONN LSU ARK TN SD GB NE MIN DEN

JH: GT CLEM VT WIS OK ORE STAN LSU ARK NE MIN NYJ BUF CHI ATL

MO: CLEM VIR MIA MSU KST BOISE AF ORE ARK MIN NYJ BUF GB STL JAC

 
THURSDAY NIGHT
 
SOMISS -21.5 at UAB
You know I still think UAB is terrible and SOMISS is on a mission to win the CUSA title. After UAB, SOMISS has to host the dreaded MEM team next week before the CUSA title fight with HOU. So I see how they could let down and look past these next 2 cupcakes...but UAB is just too terrible, even at home. I'll take SOMISS by 34 tonight.
 
NC +13 at VT
Another road team? Yep. Totally against what I used to do on Thursday nights, but clearly that wasn't really working. This one should end pretty close to the number, but I'll call for a NC cover and lose by 10.
 
MARSH -13 at MEM
The trifecta of NCAA road teams tonight with MARSH housing a brutal MEM team. Only giving 13 is a bad number here, MARSH should win by 30 as they push for a bowl bid. MEM lost their last chance at a win last week when UAB beat them...MARSH beat UAB by 45.
 
SAN-CHEESE at TEBOW
I stayed as far away from this one as I could. I never pick a bad QB like San-Cheese on the road on a short week. They just lose their division title game last Sunday night vs. NE, they take MON off, practice for DEN on TUES, and head to DEN on WED...not the ideal week for a team struggling on offense. I know it shouldn't be close, but this Tebow cat is starting to make me believe. I hope you all saw Fox's comments yesterday about how they have to run this kind of option QB running offense because if they had Tebow run a regular offense they would be screwed! That's actually what he said...thanks coach. He is what he is, and he's actually won a couple of games for the Broncos lately. DEN always has a nice homefield advantage anyway, so I'll call for this one to be very close and a DEN lose but cover 16-14.
 
SATURDAY
 
GOPHERS at NW -15.5
I think the Gophs will show up and play better than last week. However, NW is playing for a likely bowl bid because they probably won't beat Sparty next week. I think that motivation alone gets the job done for them...NW wins 42-21.
 
 IND AT SPARTY -28
Sparty rolls again by 40+. IND is bad, why can't they be on the slate this year!!??
 
NEB at MICH -3
5 guys like NEB and none on MICH...well, I'm unofficially 1 I guess. I just haven't been impressed with NEB on either side of the ball all year long and MICH has actually been pretty steady. Weird what happens when you hire a real coach. MICH has been great at home as well, so I'll call for a Wolverine win 31-21.
 
WIS -13.5 at ILL
Anyone else think it's great that we get to host Zooker for his final farewell next week in their loss at the Bank? I love it. The guy is a maniac and a terrible coach. He walked out of his presser this week. He said at the beginning he would if anyone asked about his job, they did, he pointed and stared and left. Classy guy, I hear PSU is hiring. As much as I'd love for the Zooker to stick around and get the Slidin' Illini to rise up and ruin Becky's dream...it won't happen. They are a lost cause at this point. WIS wins 41-24.
 
*Side note, as much as I love calling the easterners Becky, I read a new favorite this week that I hadn't heard before...the Vagers...I like it and will likely use that from now on. Thank you.
 
IOWA -2.5 at PUR
Iowa still in search of that elusive 1st road win...hehehe. PUR has been tough at home, but coming off the OHIOST crazy win, I'm sure they'll not be showing up this weekend. They have 2 chances left to get bowl eligible, something I didn't expect out of the Boilers this year, Iowa and IND. Go Boilers!! Win them both! But I'll pick you yo lose this week just in case...IOWA 17-7 in a Ferentz Classic.
 
PSU +5.5 at OHIOST
I'm torn on this one. The determining factors are 1) do the PSU kids play well for JoePa and gain some momentum for the big one in Madison next weekend and 2) does OHIOST even try anymore and cling to their small B10 chances or do they fold up shop and wait for Urban Meyer to be announced as their new coach? Tough call, but with 2 offensively challenged teams I'll take points...OHIOST wins 16-14.
 
VAN at TN +1
Tennessee is a home underdog to VANDY. My god what is happening in Knoxville!! TN needs to win their last 2 to be bowl eligible, Vandy needs to beat TN or WF next week to be in. VAN played so well last week and they can't play up the underdog angle this week...both bad signs for the smaaat kids. TN hasn't played well since SEPT, so maybe being a dog to your special little sister in Nashville will light a fire and get them to show on Saturday. I have to take TN...27-14.
 
LSU -30 at OLE
Sell me on OLE MISS right now: we just fired our coach, we have nothing to play for, we're hosting the #1 team in the nation, we suspended our starting QB and RB for the game, we have our biggest and only meaningful game of the season next week in the Egg Bowl. LSU wins 55-0.
 
USC +16.5 at ORE
I hate to admit it, but the Trojans are playing better than I expected this year. The Ducks just jumped back into the title hunt with their crushing of STAN last week, so I just don't think they'll be jacked to host a sneaky under the radar USC team. This one could be close...I'll take QUACK 34-28.
 
Other games I love in NCAA this week:
ND -24.5
VIR +18
TT +17
RUT +2.5
RICE -12.5
HOU -20.5
ECU +8
TEM -13
KENT -6.5
BOISE -19
WASH -3
ASU -14
ARKST -11
NMST +22.5
 
I did really well last week on these...will it continue?
 
SUNDAY
 
The Football Challenge is usually decided on Sunday because each of our records week to week in the NFL are so unpredictable.
 
DEN +5 - see above
CAR +8 - might put a scare into the Kitties before the big one next week.
GB - heard a Packer fan discussing the MNF game on Tuesday...it was comedy. "It's like Rodgers is just unstoppable, the offense is so amazing I don't think anyone knows what to do with them. I feel sorry for the rest of the NFL knowing that we're going to be this good for the next 10 years and there's nothing anyone can do to stop us. The only question is if we want to take a loss on purpose before the playoffs so we don't have that hype like NE did."
 
Thanks for reminding me why I can't deal with you Packer fans. It's so f'ing obnoxious trying to listen to these people that the only option is to avoid them all together. I'm glad it's Repeat or Bust for them this year, because I see a lot of team that could knock them off. They have had no major injury issues to their core guys and they have played an easy schedule. Just like the Vagers, build them up to the point that they think they are invincible and then slap them in the face and bring them back to earth with one sad loss. It will happen, just wait for it.
 
Anyway, yes, I'll take TB +15.5 this week because F U GB!
I'll take WAS at +9 this week even though I think they might be the worst team in the league. You just can't give that much on the road with DAL.
BUF +1 at MIA...is this a joke? MIA is still horrible, and they are even worse than that at home. Give me BILLS until I run out of money or you run out of paper.
JAC-CLE, this should be a thriller. CLE at home..4-2 CLE in a beauty.
OAK at MIN - Purple team shows up at home after the MNF embarassment and wins by a FG.
CIN getting 8.5 at BAL, have to take the Bungals even though BAL will be playing inspired ball (probably) after that brutal L last week.
SEA-STL, another doozy. Give me SEA, why, no idea.
ARI +11 at SF, I don't think the 49ers are a "give double digits" kind of team yet. I have no doubt they win, but old Skelton will sneak one in for a cover...SF 24-17.
SD+4 at CHI - not exactly sure why I like the Chargers this week, but I took them. This just feels like a FG game to me, so getting 4 is a good thing. SD needs to make a stand, CHI is coming off a couple of big wins.
TEN +6.5 at ATL: once again I will ask, who thinks ATL is so good? TEN will play physical and keep this one close. I'll say ATL in a squeaker 20-19.
PHI without Vick at NYG...yeah, PHILLY done. NYG roll 27-10.
MNF, NE giving 14.5 against Tyler Palko and the nameless Cheifs roster. Stay the hell away from this one, but if I had to pick it, and I do, I'll take Brady to win and cover 35-16.
 
Good Luck this week Guys - NCAA is winding down so enjoy these final few Saturdays before the Bowl Season!!

No comments:

Post a Comment