Thursday, November 10, 2011

Week 11 Preview


I know what you're saying to yourself right now...is this really the most recent picture of us getting the AXE. Sadly...yes, yes it is. I watched this 2004 game at Joe Sensors in Roseville, my first year out of school, and my only year in the last 12 without season tix. After that game, and 25 cocktails I called up G-Reg and told him we're getting tickets next year. Maybe it was because I had 12 Red Bull-Vodka's running through my blood, but I was ready to get back on board officially and take the pain for moments like this. I remember what it was like to beat the pretenders to the east, and I will feel it again. This week? There is a chance.

PICKS
JR: WF MIA NEB MSU MN KST WASH NEV OAK PIT NO HOU TEN DET MIN


JG: VT FSU NEB MSU MN TEX TT AUB OAK NO TEN MIN CLE WAS NYG

MR: FSU NEB ILL OKST BAY ND AF STAN LSU ALA OAK MIN PIT DET NYJ

AW: GT NEB MSU MN MICH TEX SDST TROY MIN PIT HOU JAC ATL STL NE

GR: WF MSU MN MICH TEX BAY HOU ORE ALA MIN NYJ NO SD BAL CHI

MH: MSU MICH NEB NW OHIOST WIS PITT BOISE STAN WASH NO CHI NE TEN CIN

MC: NEB IOWA MEM ND OHIO AKR ARKST NEV FRES MIN JAC ATL OAK DEN BUF

SS: VT CLEM VIR NEB TEX TULSA TOL BOISE ORE LT MIN NO CHI PIT NYG

RO: TEX OKST A&M BYU STAN UTAH TROY ALA LSU NO BUF NE SD HOU DET

TN: MIA MSU MN KST HOU RICE SOMISS MIAOH TCU STAN NO NE MIN CHI PIT

MT: WF MSU NEB MICH OHIOST STAN ALA AUB NO NE MIN CHI BUF SD TEN

GT: VT MSU NEB A&M CIN STAN AUB ARK MIN BUF JAC DEN WAS SEA SF

MS: X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X

CP: WIS ILL TEX SYR HOU TCU UNLV ORE COL ASU MIN SEA NE OAK CLE

LW: MN TULANE STAN ALA LSU MIN SEA NE JAC DEN SF SD PIT DET CAR

JH: VT MSU KST OKST HOU BOISE WKY ALA ARK NE PIT CHI TEN NYG BAL

MO: VT MN HOU SOMISS OHIO BOISE WY ALA NE PIT BAL MIN STL IND KC



POPULAR PICKS
VT-5
HOU-5
TEX-6
NEB-9
MSU-9!!! YEP, F*** IOWA! GO SPARTY!!!
MN-7
ALA-7
STAN-7

OAK-5
PIT-8
NO-8
TEN-5
CHI-6
NE-9
MIN-13!!!!!

And the Raiders just scored!!!! I'm thinking this could be a good week!! (trying to set a record for !!! used in one post)

GAME PREVIEWS AND PICKS

VT +1 AT GT
Huge game for the conference title, so both should have no problem being motivated. So it comes down to personnel, and I'll take VT and their D over GT in a tight one 27-22.

NEB +3 AT PSU
Pretty standard week in Happy Valley, the whole country has been watching their every move, fired the coach who has been there for 46 years, talk about folding the program...you know typical stuff. Team Husker caught a break this week and should be playing against a distracted and disinterested team and fan base with nothing but anger and disappointment and complete apathy for this game. NEB wins 23-7.

SPARTY -3 AT IOWA
Unmotivated and exhausted Sparty almost took one in the teeth against the Maroon and Gold last week. They survived, but as punishment, they are forced to go to the land of meth and pig $hit for the weekend...sorry guys. Good news is, motivation should not be a problem this weekend with a potential B10 Division crown on the line. A Sparty win will make this very tough to screw up. Iowa is coming off an emotional W over an overrated MICH team and 2 big games in a row (yes, MN is a big game for them). I think luck has run out. Sparty plays D and runs the ball, two things that 2011 Iowa can't deal with. I like Sparty in a laugher that makes the Hogeye fans reignite the fire Ferentz passion...SPARTY 44-17.

WASH +13.5 AT USC
Steve Sarkisian always plays the Trojans tough. He's actually beat them the last couple of years, so how can his best WASH team be a 13.5 point dog against a very average USC team this weekend with ORE on deck for the Trojans? I don't get it. WASH gives them a scare but loses a close one 33-30.

ORE AT STAN -3
I think I've picked against STAN just about every single week this year. So in a game I most definitely want them to lose, I'll use some reverse psychology and pick them to win. This thing looks like a coin flip to me, what favors STAN is the revenge angle from last year's beat down and being at home with the Heisman winner under center. ORE is faster and should not find it tough to score a lot against this beat up STAN D, but in the end I'll go SMAAAAT Kids 41-37.

Sneaky Good Picks this week that I also think win:
UNLV -8.5
WKY +42
SOMISS -10.5
NEV -10
WASU +12.5
ARK -14
MEM +7.5 (yep, I'd take UNLV and MEM this week...wow)
SMU -7
WY +14
VAN -12.5
RICE +15.5
SYR +4

I'm full of knowledge this week...or something like that. I feel as good as a 38% NCAA Picker can at this point!

$$$NFL$$$

OAK +8 AT SD
8 is stupid high for a SD team that's only been overrated for about 4 years and an OAK team that's about ready to come together with their new QB. This is a FG game either way, I'll say SD on a comeback 23-20.

JAC at IND +3
I think the Colts get it done and get win #1 this week. Not sure why, maybe because JAC is so bad. COLTS win 13-10.

DEN AT KC -3.5
I guess Jesus is working on an option attack for this week. Well, this should finally end his season. Although I hate to be too negative, he did win impressively at OAK last week...maybe he's starting to come around? KC by a TD in this one 27-20.

PIT -3 at CIN
I like CIN a lot this year in the right spot...this is not that spot. PIT needs a win after blowing the BAL game, and they'll get one here. PIT 24-14.

BUF +5 at DAL
Not sure what to think about this one. I believe BUF is kind of a fluke and I think DAL is pretty good, but Romo's picks scare me from giving the points here. DAL wins a squeaker 31-29.

NO -1 AT ATL
This is way too low, NO is clearly a better team. ATL has been a real disappointment this year, and it will continue. NO 27-17.

STL AT CLE -1
Lesser of two evils in this one, CLE at home only needs to win by more than a point to cover...okay. CLE wins 5-2.

WAS +3.5 AT MIA
Miami wins once and now they are giving 3.5 to an NFL team? That does not make sense. I'll take a bad Skins team to win outright 23-21.

HOU -3 AT TB
HOU is a pretty good looking team right now, and they are starting to get healthy again. TB is up and down and this looks like an easy one...HOU 26-13.

TEN +3 AT CAR
Cam Newton has been a surprise, but they still don't win a lot of games. The Titans have been a disappointment, but I think they are still a playoff contender. I like TEN to win 24-20.

ARI AT PHI -??
PHI crushes, even though we still don't have a line I think they cover it. PHI 38-20.

BAL -8.5 AT SEA
BAL is rolling pretty good right now. SEA is one of the tougher places to play, but I think BAL eeks it out 24-14.

DET +1 at CHI
Lions get back on the radar with a statement game in CHI...31-21.

NYG at SF -3.5
Don't like this one either way, but I'm picking them all this week so I'll take 49ers with a couple bad Eli picks, which he's due for...21-17.

NE +0 AT NYJ
Brady off of 2 big L's in a row and the Jets off a nice win. I don't like it that Brady beat them earlier, they usually split these games, but I have to take a desperate Belichick and Brady to win 28-21.

PURPLE +15.5 AT GB
15.5!!!???!!?!?! That just seems silly. It's a rivalry game that was played to a 6 points finish a couple of weeks ago. Move 6 points for the road game and Purple should lose by 12-15...so 15.5 looks like a sure thing. I'm still not impressed with the GB D, obviously Rodgers is stupid good right now, but I don't think they are unbeatable. Purple team is off a bye and on the up and up with their health and their level of play recently...since the QB change. Have to like our chances...not a win but a cover GB 34-26.

Ooops, I forgot one game...



BECKY AT GOPHERS +28.5
Team Douche and the clan have pretty much thrown in the towel on this season. Since the SEPT National Title is apparently not a real recognized championship they have shifted their attention to other things. However, Team Kill is just starting to find it a little bit over the last couple of weeks. It's a rivalry, the home dog is getting over 4 TD's, the favorite is unmotivated, the dog is in revenge mode x7, WIS has never won more than their current streak of 3 straight in Minnesota, Bielema is a donkey, Kill is a God. What more is there to know? Yeah, their offense is really good, yep our D is not very good - but with a motivated group and Q playing QB like he has the last 6 quarters I think anything is possible.
BECKY WINS AGAIN...BUT IT'S THE LAST TIME...WIS 28-17.

It's going to be quite a weekend Gentlemen. PACK, BECKY, BECKY HOCKEY all on the hit list for the next few days...I'm hoping we take them down a notch and I never leave Dinkytown on Saturday night.






Enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment