Thursday, November 4, 2010

Week 10 Pick Summary

Still waiting on Mr. ROE, but I figured I would send out what I have, so here we go for Week 10.

JR: MSU, CLEM, OKST, NW, ORE, FIU, AZ, TEX, ALA, USC
JG: VT, IND, MSU, MICH, PUR, FSU, ISU, UCLA, STAN, USC
MR: ??????????
AW: CMU, MN, MICH, CLEM, PUR, BC, PSU, HAW, OK, MIZZ
GR: MSU, ILL, AF, NEB, BOISE, TCU, OK, ARK, TEX, LSU
MH: IOWA, MN, ILL, WIS, PSU, BOISE, UTAH, ARK, STAN, ALA
MC: MDTN (L), OHIO, HOU, TEM, UTST, ORE, HAW, UTAH, LT, UTEP
SS: MSU, VIR, PUR, FSU, ORE, BOISE, UTAH, OREST, OK, LSU
RO: MICH, MIA, PSU, BOISE, TCU, OREST, A&M, SC, MIZZ, ALA

Consensus: None...yep, it's that kind of week in the NCAA. I don't feel real good about a lot of these. Maybe a separation week with our picks all over the board like this.

JR: NYJ, TB, BUF, SEA, PIT
JG: NYJ, TB, ARI, NYG, DAL
MR: ?????
AW: NE, CHI, HOU, IND, KC
GR: NYJ, TB, HOU, IND, PIT
MH: NYJ, HOU, IND, GB, PIT
MC: CHI, HOU, PHI, OAK, PIT
SS: ATL, NE, SD, NO, NYG
RO: NE, HOU, NO, IND, PIT

Consensus Picks:
NYJ - still pissed at these guys from last week, suicide pool = dead
PIT - love this pick, CIN = dead

I love the NFL slate this week, but I'm not feeling so good about the NCAA games...but if I had a gun to my head, here are some of the picks I'd spew out:

GT at VT
If I had to pick a side in this one I think I'd lean toward VT, but my play on this tonight is the under 56...that's way too high for these 2 on a Thursday night.

IOWA at IND
Has to be a bit of a letdown game for IOWA right? I know IND is terrible, maybe as bad as us, but getting 17 at home with IOWA already looking ahead to OHIOST in a couple of weeks might be a time for them to catch them. I'll bet a nickel on the Hoosiers.

ILL at MICH
ILL is a better team, but this has to be a spot cover for MICH, right? DickRod is all but done at the end of this year to make way for Les Miles or Jim Harbaugh (true Michigan men...barf), so I don't know what to expect out of this club. ILL is looking surprisingly good this season, but it's still the Zooker...he can crash and burn faster and harder than anyone...so I'll take the DickRod's.

HAW at BOISE
I think the 23 might be too much against a team like the Rainbows that can score a ton on anyone. BOISE at home is automatic, but I feel like more than 3 TD's might be a little high. Not one of the best plays on the board, but I'll go with my HAW club...again.

AZ at STAN
The Wildcats still only have 1 loss and it was by 2 points. STAN has been proven to be ineffective on D against good offenses, and AZ is getting their good QB back in the lineup. I think anything over a TD is crazy high in this one, I'll take the Cats +8.5.

ALA at LSU
I know it's LSU at night, but I don't think Saban will be scared. Both come in off a bye, which is exactly what the Tide needed to recharge and make a title push over these last few weeks. With both off a bye it comes down to a coaching matchup...LES vs. SABAN...yeah, I think I know the answer to that one. TIDE ROLL by 14.

NON-SUSPENDED GOPHERS at SPARTY in Revenge Mode
So we dump one of the few brightspots on our D for his overreaction to the loss last week in the locker room? If my guys weren't throwing their shit and yelling at people I think I'd be more upset - but Mr. Horton is a proven tard, so I guess this makes sense. God, this season can't get over fast enough. So Kirksey, our top DT and maybe best defensive player if not going to start, then we dump 2 of our highest profile recruits from the past years for the rest of the season so they can focus on academics and not flunk out of school. Does it get any worse than playing on a 1-11 team and flunking out of school? So Mike Carter and Rashede Hageman both will not play the rest of the year and I can see Carter transferring and maybe Hageman as well. Whatever - it's a rebuilding project at this point so we'll pick up the pieces when we get a new guy in charge. Then we have 2 OL injuries so we might be forced into working in a backup TE to our OL rotation at OT this week - seriously, how are we this thin at these positions! God - the more I look back at the last 4 years the more angry I get. So we're going in with lots of injuries and suspensions on both sides of the ball - we know we won't play Gray at QB, because that would maybe force people to want to watch and have hope for the future, and the team has pretty much just given up on anything these current coaches are telling them.

On the other side, Sparty is coming off loss #1 for the year and will be looking for a major rebound after the IOWA beatdown last week. Oh yeah, they are also seeking some major revenge from the Halloween Fluke of 2009 in which we beat them and might have been the last Gopher game that I actually enjoyed watching. Yep, I think Sparty will come in on Saturday and be ready to kick our asses. 24 points will likely be covered in the 1st half. I doubt we score much, assuming we go with our 10-yard-fight offense once again and continue to run the same f*cking plays over and over and over even though the same bad results continue to happen each time. I'm ready for Tubby.

GOPHERS 13
SPARTY 52

NFL FOOTBALL
Now to the games that I think might actually work out well for me this weekend.

NYJ at DET - JETS couldn't have pissed me off more last week by losing me a game in our pool and knocking me out of the suicide pool, so I HAVE to bet on them this week because it's a guaranteed rebound against a DET that is gaining way too much love from the public at this point. JETS win and cover.

TB at ATL - this TB club isn't horrible, and they play really well on the road. 9 points for a battle between 2 teams fighting for 1st place? Give me points and TB to keep it within a TD.

MIA at BAL - BAL off a bye is a scary, scary proposition. MIA is 4-0 on the road and 0-3 at home, odds are that both of those will change DRASTICALLY over the rest of the season...and it starts this week. I like BAL in an easy cover.

NE at CLE - NE is ready to go into cruise mode this week before they have games with PIT and INDY coming up over the next 2 weeks that could determine home field in the playoffs. CLE has the Mangenius, who loves to try and beat Belichick, and they are off a bye and playing fairly well. I'll take CLE and the points, but I'm guessing Bill finds a way to win the game.

CHI at BUF - I really dislike CHI and I think BUF has been so close the last couple of weeks that they just have to break through as a home dog this week. I'll take the Bills and 4 Cutler picks to win as a home dog.

SD at HOU - a pick'em, I think HOU are who we thought they were. They blew so much early on that INDY win that everything else this season has been a letdown. SD is starting to gain steam and they will get on a streak. They've played well, they just haven't won a lot...but they do this week.

NO at CAR - CAR is a bad team. Even at home, I think they lose this one big to a NO team that needs one of these to try and figure out their offensive issues. NO wins easily.

NYG at SEA - hold onto your hats, I like the Hawks. NYG are coming in off a bye, which is in their favor, but they have DAL and PHI on deck the next couple of weeks, and I think they may have lost a little mojo from having the off week because they were playing pretty damn well up to that. SEA is a great home team and is off a bad blowout loss. Very good indicators for a team that's getting 4.5 points in this game. I think NYG overlooks this trip and has to work the kinks out for a week and SEA rebound and pounces on them for a W and keeps the NFC close.

IND at PHI - Andy Reid off a bye, INDY off a short week on the road, hmmm....I think IND is the better team, but in this situation I have to take PHI at home.

KC at OAK - OAK has played 2 straight out of their mind good games, it's very hard to do that 3 weeks in a row. KC had a little sleep walk through their win over BUF last week because they were preparing for this big division game with OAK. KC is still a better team and OAK is due for a poor performance...I like the Chefs.

DAL at GB - DAL has to make something good happen eventually this year, right? After the HORRIBLE performance last week they absolutely have to play better. The Pack is coming off wins over the Purple and the JETS and heading into a MUCH needed bye week where they can heal up. I think the Pack wins, but it will be close...so take the Boys and the 9 points.

PIT at CIN - CIN is done. PIT is angry after a tough loss last week. This has the makings of an ugly one. CIN beat them 2x last year, so a little revenge factor is playing in on that one, and this is a chance to pretty much end CIN's season. I think PIT gets it done and cruises to an easy win.

DEREK ANDERSON at FIRE CHILLY
So I'm assuming the chants will start in the pregame at the homer dome this weekend, no matter what happens the crowd will eat Chilly Dog alive all day long. As far as the game, I don't think there's any doubt that the Purple win, but I have no confidence in calling for a cover of 9 points. AZ will be flukey enough and make a couple of weird TD's - including a pick 6 of FAVRE - but will come up a little short.

DEREK ANDERSON 17
FRAZIER'S PURPLE 24

Fun stuff. At least it's a win.

One betting trend - non football - that you should all pick up on. Bet against the Wolves...early and often. Double up the bet on game 2 of a back-to-back. This could be your 401K, it's a can't lose proposition...at least for now.

ROE's picks just arrived...here they are.
MSU, MIA, MIZZ, LSU, ARK, NEB, ORE, OKST, AF, GT
SD, ARI, NYG, OAK, PIT

Enjoy the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment