Monday, April 20, 2009

What up?

Hey Guys -

Just thought I'd throw out a few updates about this week, and some thoughts on the world in general...you know, the usual.

First - this week.
Plans have changed about 25 times, but here's what I'm doing. Roe & Family are coming up and Mike and I are taking Jack and Ellie to the Spring Game...anyone else is welcome to join us, but the 4 of us will be cruising over together assuming the weather is good. After that, the draft will be watched intermittently at my place with the kids and ladies hanging out. So the usual guys weekend is not happening this year - but we'll still all be in touch debating the draft snafu that Chilly and company are sure to pull off on Saturday.

I'm stoked for the Spring Game - should be fun to see what the new offense looks like and how some of last year's big recruits look in action since very few actually played major roles last year. Obviously, seeing Mr. Gray will be a huge highlight for all Gopher fans - even though our OC Jedd Fisch came out today and said Weber has All-American potential! Tons of other questions going in - how will the re-built OL look? Who will carry the ball? Which WR will step up with Decker and Hayo, the 2 likely starters, not on the field. Can we kick XP and FG's under 40 yards consistently!?!? I'll throw together a full recap whether any of you attend or not. Once this is done we'll be shifting into full blown NCAA preview mode for the 2009 season.

What else...oh, I know, NBA playoffs. As an experiment I mapped out who I thought the 16 playoff teams were going to be on the week of x-mas to see how much things change throughout the NBA season to see if it is actually worth anything. The results - I nailed 15 of 16, missing the Knicks instead of the Bulls. The seeding was close, but I missed on about 1/2 of them. My findings - don't even bother until the playoffs in this league, unless you're a Wolves fan then that's the only chance you have. Going out on a limb and predicting CAVS-LAKERS final...ooooohhhh, didn't see that coming.

Somehow I also got into an NHL Playoff pool - WTF! I took the Caps as my darkhorse champ over the Canucks...needless to say, I think my $5 was a donation with my champs looking like a 1st round victim. This is one gambling idea I don't think I will try to adapt for our crew - it's just like flipping a coin...which is way different than our strategic picks on Football games, right?

That's all I got for today - hope everyone has a great week and we'll try and get together again soon.

PJ

restless soul, enjoy your youth
like muhammad hits the truth
can't escape from the common rule
if you hate something, don't you do it too...too...

No comments:

Post a Comment