Wednesday, April 15, 2009

April Predictions - what do you think?

Hey Guys -

So with the Purple schedule coming out yesterday, I figured it was time for some April predictions for our 2 favorite teams. Here's what I am thinking right now...tell me what you think or where I'm wrong in as much or as little detail as you'd like:

GOPHERS

at SYR - W - these guys suck, I'm a little scared but confident that the Orange will continue to suck in 2009

AF - W - home opener, stadium opener, scary opponent. I think the defense gets it done and shuts down the wacky AF attack

CAL - L - but it will be close. Cal should be top of the P10 this year, so predicting a win might be a little nuts...although I'm not saying I won't be predicting a W by September when the Gopher Kool-Aid starts flowing.

at NW - W - I know, winning on the road in the B10 opener...yep. NW still feels fluky to me, and Kafka still can't throw the ball. This might be time for Mr. Gray to make his first major impact?

WIS - W - probably a bit of a stretch, but we've almost beat them the last 2 years, and this year's team should be better than each of those...while Becky could be in for another downer, maybe worse than 08.

PUR - W - team turmoil in PUR, Siller - the QB that gave us a few issues LY was booted from the team and they will be in a big transition year...yep, a 5-1 start for your Gophers.

at PSU - L - we'll be hyped going into Happy Valley, but come on...not this year.

at OHIOST - L - have to pick it this way, on the road vs. back to back B10 powers = bad.

MSU - W - I'm still no convinced these guys are in the B10 elite. At home I think we'll rebound...we're going to be tough to beat at the "Bank".

ILL - L - sneaky loss here. We always lose one or two of these a year...for now. ILL is better than they played in 08.

SDSU - W - 99-0, not close.

at IOWA - L - I hate picking it this way, but this is likely what will happen. Iowa should be solid this year, and at home they are really tough. WHO HATES IOWA?

Final Verdict = 7-5, but a much improved team and a nice Bowl Game for a team that will be picked in the Top 4-5 of the conference in 2010.


PURPLE
at CLE - W
at DET - W
SF - W
GB - W
at STL - W - this is an easy schedule!
BAL - L
at PITT - L
at GB - L
DET - W
SEA - W
CHI - L
at AZ - L
CIN - W
at CAR - L
at CHI - W
NYG - L

Final Results = 9-7, pretty realistic and hopefully good enough to get Chilly fired!!

What do you think? I'll document and see who comes closest to the pin in January.

No comments:

Post a Comment