Friday, November 2, 2012

Week 10 Weekend Preview

After a couple of weeks off and a couple of different illnesses...I'm back in preview mode.


Phil Nelson is going to have to channel his inner-Foggie if the squad is going to beat MICH tomorrow in Big Blue's first ever trip to the Bank. After the big win last week, I think the season's outlook has changed quite a bit for average fan guy. Interest is kind of back, and another positive performance this week would really turn some heads. Do they have a chance? Sure. MICH is not a great team this year and the Gophs D has had moments of brilliance this season. Offensively it looks like MN has some signs of life for the first time in about a month, so I won't say it's out of the question. However, what is likely to happen is a thrashing of our run defense, a lockdown on the young QB, and an unfortunate snoozer at the Bank on Saturday. That's what I'm expecting with a small hope of being pleasantly surprised. MICH WINS 34-10.

A nice 8-0 start in NCAA games last night by the group - that's impressive. I'm hoping the good vibes continue tonight with CAL (2 of us on CAL...including me...and 1 on WASH).

I'm not going to devote 2 hours to this and preview the top 10 games this week in depth, but instead we'll give a quick view of lots of games with a quick thought or 2:

VAN -7.5 AT UK: Vandy is for real and UK is ready for basketball...I think it's ugly.
OK -11 at ISU: Boomer Sooner has to put the smack down on the Clones this week, right? I'll give ISU credit, they've played really well this year but I have to think OK is looking for a good performance after the sad effort last week.
TULSA +7 at ARK: Maybe a team ARK can beat? I'm not so sure. I think Tulsa could win this one straight up, but it's a stay away for me.
KAN at BAY -17: I think BAY houses this one by about 40+. Chuck's schematic advantage will not be viable this week.
TEX-TT -6.5: Loving the Raiders this week...I think they are actually straight up a better team than Texas. Wow...fire Mack Brown now Texas.
OLE-GEO -14: Georgia off a huge win as a big favorite against a nice looking Ole Miss team...I'll take points and the Rebs.
NEB at MSU +1.5: I love the Sparty in this one. I think NEB is a terrible road team, and Maxwell might finally be finding a groove with the Sparty offense. Give me MSU by a TD.
PSU at PUR +3.5: I'm back on the Lions again this week. PUR...looks like they'll be changing the guard after the season so I'm not sure there's much motivation left in the tank.
IOWA at IND -1.5: Wow. Iowa is a dog at the mighty Hoosiers, who funny enough can control their own destiny and still represent the Leaders in the B1G Title Game!! How amazing would that be!! I think they play a bad Iowa team very close and win a close one...GO IU!!
HAW at FRES -33.5: They could not make this line high enough for me not to take FRESNO. HAW in back to back mainland road games...not an easy task for the 'Bows. I'll say Bulldogs by 50-60.
ORE at USC +7.5: I think I'm in the minority (11-1 ORE) but I'm on the Trojans this weekend. 7.5 is too much in my opinion. I think they keep it very close and it's a FG game. ORE 34-31.
ALA at LSU +9.5: Everything in this one says LSU to me except for my actual numbers which say ALA -13. So I'm going with Saban even though it's Death Valley at night and the Hatter off a BYE...should be fun to watch, but ALA will win and cover I think.

Comedy?
- MARY is starting a converted LB at QB this week...not even on the depth chart coming into the year. They have lost 3 or 4 QB's for the season. GT is a safe bet at -7.5 on the road.
- SOMISS is 0-8...and a 3 point favorite this week! Wow. UAB is 1-7, but how can a win-less team at this point in the season be favored?!?
- USF was 2-0...now Skipper has them at 2-6. Yet they are -8.5 this week at home against UCONN?!? I know UCONN runs a stone age offense and looks terrible...but -8.5!?!?
- NILL has been a cover machine, UMASS has been god awful. My number came up at NILL -63!. The spread is -35...I like it.

NFL
I had a misread on KC last night. Their turnovers are just unbearable. Never take a team, no matter how many points you can get, that sits at an average -3 turnover margin every game. Unreal.

UPSETS
CIN beats DEN and TEN beats CHI. I also LOVE LOVE LOVE Philly to beat NO on MNF.

There are going to be some crazy close games this weekend in my opinion. I have about 7-8 of the games coming down to a FG margin. I'll take MIA, JAC, CLE, TEN, CAR, TB, MIN, DAL in close ones ATS.

I like the Purple to cover, but I give them a 5% chance at winning the game. SEA at home is a very tough spot. SEA wins 21-20.

NYG will house PIT, I don't think it will be close. Now with the news that PIT will fly in on Sunday morning I think it could be even uglier...20 point win.

I took HOU -10 this week and this they win easily by 2+TD's, however, GB will not cover the 11 this week.

Another good looking weekend of football - lots of things could be figured out in the BCS race this weekend. I will likely be sending updates Saturday night with the fam out of town.

Good Luck!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment