Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Football - it's almost here!!

The official countdown to football is on...my calendar says 36 days until that opening THURSDAY.

And as a little bonus, we'll have NFL Football to watch and wager on once again this year.

Not much to discuss today, but here are a couple of quick bits of info for you all in case you haven't been following all the football news of the last couple weeks:

1) Our favorite former head coach/TE coach has found a new job, and shocking to most of us, it's not coaching football. I think TE Timmy has found a much better fit in his new gig as a sideline reporter for FOX SPORTS College Football coverage. Clearly FOX didn't realize the formula for a good sideline reporter...female & hot...Brew fits neither criteria and adds in a nice helping of smug and annoying. This won't go well. But on the bright side, the rest of the country will be able see the incompetance that was running our program the last 4 years and realize, holy crap - MN actually went to 2 bowls with this bozo?!? They must have some talent!

2) Some early lines are out on most games on the NCAA schedule. One that I would be 6 figures on in Vegas right now if I could is this:

ILL at MIN (+15)
Really? Zookers are more than 2 TD's better than us at the Bank? Where is the cash machine and how much cash is inside. Can I take this line as my game of the year 5-star lock right now?

I promise I'll only have 4-5 more games of the year the rest of the way...per week.

Study up - scrounge up your cash - get ready for some Football!

No comments:

Post a Comment