Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Football Challenge 2011 - Rules

We are at less than 2 months until kick-off, so I figured I would nail down the rule changes for this season and let you all start mentally preparing for what is coming in about 56 days.

So I think we're 12 strong at this point, we continue to grwo every year - I would still be willing to accept any other late comers, but I'm happy at 12 if that's where it ends for 2011.

For those of you that are new - here are the details; and even for those that have been with the Football Challenge for past seasons, we have some modifications that should only improve the league as a whole.

ENTRY FEE = $100/guy
(this is higher than past years, but will be better in the end as you'll see in later points)

PICKS = 15 games per week, 5 must be college and 5 must be NFL...but the other 5 are floaters that can be any combination of the 2. This of course is different in Week 1 when it's only NCAA games and in December where it's only NFL games, and we'll be picking 10 and not 15 in DEC.

TIES = Losses - In the past we have had ties=wins which overinflates our winning % by a bit each year...I will be counting these as losses going forward because you're not winning money on them so you're behind the guys that are winning.

WEEKLY WINNERS = $30 per week to the weekly winner, and if it's a tie we move the $30 as a carry-over to the next week, so that is worth $60. This will add a lot more week to week drama and keep everyone engaged even if you hit a 2-13 stinker early on.

TOTAL WINNERS = These are assuming we stick with 12 guys, here will be the other payouts after the 18 weekly $30 prizes...

REG SEASON = $300 - 1st in regular season, $100 - 2nd in regular season
POST SEASON = $60 Bowl Champion, $200 Total Post Season Champion

Get me your cash or check before we start play, which is the 1st week of September. I believe 9/1 is the opening Thursday, so you have almost 2 months to scrounge up $100, which will provide you about 5 months of entertainment and with any luck a nice ROI.

Games will be due to me by NOON on THURSDAY each week, and I will send out all lines on MONDAY each week. We use the opening lines posted on the USA TODAY website for all games, and lines don't change from what I send out on Monday.

Questions? Concerns? Comments? I take them all - let me know.

I'm excited for the biggest and best year of the Football Challenge ever - hope you all are ready as well.

Stroke The Post, Let's Go!

No comments:

Post a Comment