Monday, May 2, 2011

June 18th - Golf Tourney

Working out the details for the Golf Tournament in June, but I think we are locked in on the Saturday before Father's Day again, which is June 18th.

Location: Moving to Stone Brooke is my plan, I haven't booked yet, but I don't think we'll have too much trouble locking in 3 tee times in mid June.

Please let me know if you are in for playing so I can get numbers and book the tee times appropriately. If we end up with a weird number we'll throw in a threesome or two to make up the difference rather than trying to invite a bunch of ringers at the end. I'm hoping for about 12 again so we can get 6 teams of 2, but we'll see how it goes.

Once again, the plan will be to start early and play 18 - then regroup and play 9 more holes based upon where you sit on the leader board. Afterward, we will grab some food and drink, possibly Floyd's again, and then to my porch for some poker.

So far I have JG, AW, LW?, MR, CR, TR, JR on the confirmed list. That's 7, I assume Greg and Pete are in although I have to confirm...which puts us at 9. RO, I think you said you may be able to make it work, let me know. MH/MC/SS/TN - not sure on you guys yet, shoot me a note on if you think you can make it or not.

$$$
I'm thinking if we end up with 12 we'll go $50/guy - $25 for tourney and $25 for skins. That would put payouts at $200 for 1st place team, $100 for 2nd place team, and $300 in skins cash. Obviously, more guys or less guys would change this a bit, but this is the basic layout I'm thinking. The golf should be cheaper than Island View last year, but I'll get you a $$$ figure once I have it.

I'm hoping we can see a bigger turnout for the subsequent card game(s) this year, which became a little ridiculous last year. I think we all have obligations for Sunday, so feel free to sleep at my place for a few hours and head out early for whatever you have planned on Sunday.

For those that are ?, please let me know one way or the other as soon as you can so I can get us locked in.

Check out the website for the course - JG and I played it last year and it was great, so we'll give it a whirl. Hopefully they won't be nazi's about the pace of play like last year!

http://www.stonebrooke.com/

Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment