Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Final Year Results

Well, another season of the Football Challenge has come to an end. Our winners this year are as follows:

HEINERT - $320- regular season champ (I will bring you your cash tomorrow Mark if you are around)
ROE - $40 - regular season runner up

G.ROLLINS - $160 - post-season champ
ROE - $20 post season runner-up

*Best part about ROE taking 2nd in both of these is that he only had to pay me $40 to cover the $100 he owed from picking the Hogeyes on the moneyline over the Gophs at 5:1....never ever put anything of value on the Hogeyes is the lesson here.

Anyway, thanks for another great season. I think we'll be at a strong 10 members (or more if you have them) for next year. I consider this my part time job in the fall, so I'm not going to put a cap on how many people we can get going on this thing. More people = more $$$ = more fun.

If you have any suggestions as far as format or points system or anything around the entire contest, please shoot them over. I don't think this is a perfect system, so I'm always looking for ways to make this more interesting for everyone. I'm thinking of maybe finding a way to try and keep it interesting until the end  for everyone in the regular season by having some kind of weekly contest...thoughts?

Also, please let me know if you have anyone else who would like to be involved, I have 1 new member from Steve already that I will add to the list after this post. Or if you aren't interested in playing anymore, that is fine too...please let me know.

I am still working on organizing a March Madness / Cards gathering likely sometime in the opening rounds of the tourney - hope you all will be available for that. Then it will be hitting the Links this summer and losing our money through our lack of golfing skills rather than lack of intellect on picking football games!

As most of you who have been doing this for a while know, I will continue to post things year tound outside of the Football Challenge season. If you're annoyed just delete them...sorry. We'll start to get things kick started again around August (6 friggin' months away!!) for Football Challenge 2012...unless I come up with a better name by then, which really shouldn't be hard to do (open to suggestions there as well please).

Congrats to the winners - hope you all figure out what went wrong for next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment