Monday, August 3, 2009

NFL Preview 2009

Here are some quick off-the-cuff NFL predictions for 2009.

AFC EAST
NE
MIA
BUFF
NYJ

Pats will be the best in the league again, NYJ will be terrible and MIA is ahead of BUF because they now have TO.

AFC NORTH
PITT
BAL
CLE
CIN

I love Tomlin - 2 years - 2 division titles. Make it 3 for 3. BAL is a nice team, but the other 2 are brutal. CIN just has to be in the cellar. How long can they stick with Marvin Lewis?

AFC SOUTH
TEN
IND
JAX
HOU

This is the toughest division to predict for me. Typically, I ride IND, but no Dungy scares me. I'll take a great coach in Fisher. JAX doesn't have a good coach, even though I really like their team. HOU can go back to the basement.

AFC WEST
SD
OAK
DEN
KC

Wow - brutal division. SD wins again. The other 3 are all terrible. I'll take a shot with OAK at #2. Mr McDaniels in DEN is not making any fans, and I don't think he'll do very well. KC will continue to suck...you usually don't get a lot of success from hiring hot shot OC's as the head man (if someone is willing to do the research on this I'd be happy to be proven wrong, but from what I recall this is true).

NFC EAST
NYG
PHI
DAL
WAS

Lots to like here. The NYG will continue to be very strong. PHI should be rock solid again, but I gave the NYG the nod with the loss of Jim Johnson, PHI DC, who was one of the best around in my opinion. DAL will continue to disappoint, and WAS kind of sucks.

NFC NORTH
MIN
GB
CHI
DET

Have to go Vikes on a repeat here. The Pack is likely #2, CHI #3, and clearly DET is in the basement once again.

NFC SOUTH
CAR
NO
ATL
TB

I like CAR again for 2009. NO will be 2nd, ATL will come back to the pack, and TB will struggle this year.

NFC WEST
SEA
SF
ARI
STL

I almost went with SF to win this division...that's how bad it is. I went with the QB in SEA. I had to pick ARI out of the playoffs because that always happens. Warner injury perhaps? STL is still a ways away.

PLAYOFFS
NE, PITT, SD, TEN, BAL, IND
I'll take NE - I never bet against Belichik

CAR, NYG, MIN, SEA, PHI, GB
Probably a sneaky run here by one of the last 4 teams...I'll say PHI.

NE over PHI in MIAMI in 2010.

Thoughts? Post your predictions if you dare.

No comments:

Post a Comment