Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Lotto Preview

7.6% - that's our chance to get #1 tonight...

But when figuring out our actual chance do you have to factor in the last 20 years of brutally bad luck and make our odds much closer to .76% rather than 7.6%?

As we all know - the lottery is rigged, so let's figure out which way the scripted WWE, I mean NBA will shift the fortunes this year:

First - Sacto will not win it - the worst team never does. I think the logic here is they have too far to go, so we can't give them the #1 marquee guy, but they will land in the top 4 obviously.

Washington - my odds on favorite to land #1 tonight. Why you may ask? Flip, Arenas, actual living, breathing playmakers on the roster, a big market ready for a winner.....it's all coming together for Washington tonight.

Clippers - no. The NBA continues to not help the other LA franchise at all, so it defintiely will not start tonight.

OKCity - definite possibilities here. They have some guys who will be or already are big-time, so why not give them Mr. Griffin. They are not as big as they should be with Durant and Westbrook, but Griffin gives them a Big 3...lots of options and potential here.

MN - well, we've never moved up before - why start now. No chance. 2 or 3 player draft so we'll be picking 4th or 5th I'd guess.

MEM - nope. I think they are blackballed in the NBA as well so they have no chance...unless the NBA is holding their stock in the OJ Mayo Corp...then they might have a shot - but I think his ship has sailed already until he leaves MEM, so it's not their year.

GS - maybe. They are still up and coming I guess - but I think the luster is fading fast after their disappointing year in 2008...but they have a chance.

NY - always an option, but they might be too low to make it work without a conspiracy theory being built a la Pat Ewing Draft in 1985. They could be a lotto team, but not #1 - the whole world might figure out the crookedness of the NBA if that happened again, and that's too big of a risk.

TOR - no - NBA still regrets going into Canada.

MIL - nope - they got a shot with the Bogut pick, that turned out well. But it was a bad draft year, which is the only time the NBA will allow a MIL type team to get #1 - Griffin is marquee, so they will not be winning the lotto.

NJ/CHA/IND/PHOE - too low - the NBA has made it seem statistically impossible for these teams to win it, so unless an absolutely perfect situation comes around, these teams will not have a shot.

So what's gonna happen - this is almost easier than predicting the actual game results:

Lotto teams - WASH, OKCity, (SAC or LAC)
I can't pinpoint the #1, #2 order...but I'm convinced it will be WASH/OKCity in some order followed by one of the token garbage teams falling into the #3 spot.

115 days until TCF Kickoff - too early to start tailgating?

That's all I got - it's been a slow week but B10 baseball tourney start tomorrow, so I know you're all excited for that.

PJ - perfect description of our favorite NBA team
It's a hopeless... situation
And I'm starting to believe
That this hopeless... situation
Is what I'm trying to achieve
But I tryTo run onTowards
All or none,... all or none

Here's the selfless confession
Leading me back to war
Can we help that,.. our destinations
Are the ones we've been before
I still tryTo run onTowards all
Or none,... all or none
To myself I... surrender
To the one I'll never please
I still try,.. to run on
But I still try,.. to run on
But it's All or none,... all or none.

No comments:

Post a Comment