Thursday, May 14, 2009

Game #1 - W





---------------------------------------------------->



So we've got the 'Cuse on the slate for game #1 in 2009. Not a great team to begin with, they have a new head coach so they'll likely be going through a little transition phase...but to top it all off I read this:

GREG PAULUS to play QB at Syracuse - he will be competing against a red-sirt freshman for the job.

Wow, how deperate are you for a spark on offense? The guys hasn't seen the field in 4 years, and now you bring him in with the expectation of having him possibly start in week #1?

I like the Gophers by 14 points already in this one - if Paulus plays I'll take Gophers -20.

Only a little bit of other news to report - first of all, for all the original members of past seasons of the football challenge - here is the long awaited money breakdown of who owes what to whom:

TREE - $10 owed to ROE
JG - $10 owed to ROE
MK - $90 owed to ROE

That's it. Roe ran through a clean sweep by taking the regular season and bowl titles last year - which put him far into the black. MK has the biggest debt to pay - but still this is over about 2+ years without payment, so really still not too crazy.

We can reveiw the money situation for this upcoming season. Which brings me to the next point - we've got some new members. Bomb is locked and loaded for next season, and I also have a buddy from work Mark Heinert who will be entering the challenge for the first time next season. More to come I'm sure - I'm thinking of growing from 4 to around 8-10...then we can decide what our plan will be for the cash. In the past we have done $20 for the whole season, winner take all (best record) - then another $20 for the bowl with winner take all once again. I'm thinking maybe we double it or put it to $50 - I know, kind of crazy - but then if we have 8 guys the payout will be a solid $320-$400...makes it worth your time. Or we could do weekly payouts if you would prefer - just to keep it interesting throughout even if you have a crappy record.


We will discuss as we approach the actual season - but for now feel free to post your own material, comment on what I write or others write, or just completely ignore me altogether...your choice.



As is tradition for me - closing w/ a little PJ...sometimes relevant, sometimes just what's in my head:

I admit it...what's to say...
yeah...I'll relive it...without pain
...mmm...Backstreet lover on the side of the road
I got a bomb in my temple that is gonna explode
I got a sixteen gauge buried under my clothes, I play...
Once upon a time I could control myself
Ooh, once upon a time I could lose myself, yeah...
Oh, try and mimic what's insane...ooh, yeah...I am in it...where do I stand?
Oh, Indian summer and I hate the heat
I got a backstreet lover on the passenger seat
I got my hand in my pocket, so determined, discreet...I pray...
Once upon a time I could control myself






1 comment:

  1. Good to join here with you guys. I'm guessing I may not be the most die hard of all Gophers fans, but I can say I made it through all the Wacker years as a season ticket holder. Looking forward to cheering on the maroon and gold with you guys and hopefully winning some money.

    Go Gophs!
    -Mark

    ReplyDelete