Friday, August 19, 2011

Rules & Cy-Hawk

Many of you have seen this already, but since we have a lot of newcomers this year I thought I'd send out a complete rules list one more time to get everyone on the same page.

But first, I have to unveil the new Cy-Hawk trophy...and it's a beauty. The mighty Cyclone-Hawkeye rivalry is introducing a new trophy this year...and no, I'm not making this up this is what it actually looks like!

Who wouldn't be fired up to play for the "average Iowa family around a barrel of corn that represents Iowa values." Wow, just when I didn't think you couldn't be any dumber...

For those of you that are fans or non-haters of the Hawkeyes and/or Cyclones, I'm sorry for what you may read over the next 5 months...I can't help it.

Anyway, on to the rules...

RULES


- $100/guy is due to me before the first games begin (SEPT 1st)

- Pick 15 games per week (5 NFL, 5 NCAA, 5 others of your choice from either NCAA and/or NFL)

- Week 1 we'll make 15 NCAA picks with no NFL games scheduled, and weeks 14-18 we pick 10 NFL games only since NCAA is done

- 250 total picks throughout the year

- Game lists and spreads are taken from opening lines on the USA TODAY website

- I will send out the list on Monday and/or Tuesday to everyone

- Picks are due back by NOON on THURSDAY each week --> this allows everyone to have the preview before the THUR games begin

- TIES = LOSSES, you actually have to win to earn a W…a team you picked at -3 that only wins by 3 will be considered a loss

PAYOUTS

- $50 to the weekly winner

- If there is a tie at the top, the $50 prize will carry over to the next week and that will be worth $100 and all will be eligible to win it…one tie, all tie - carryovers will continue until there is a winner.

- $300 to best regular season record, $100 to 2nd place

- $200 to post-season highest point total (explanation below) $100 to Bowl Champion

POST-SEASON

- This is a completely separate contest once the regular season is complete - everyone starts over at 0-0 for this round

- Post-season consists of 2 parts…the BOWLS and the NFL Playoffs

- All games are given a point value in the post-season and we will make picks on all of the games

- Weightings will be equal for NFL and NCAA so they will both be worth 1/2 of the total for POST-SEASON Points

I will send out a Weekly Preview on THURSDAY once I have collected all the picks, and a Weekly Review on Monday before MNF.

I make my picks on MON/TUES - so I'm not influenced by all of the other picks coming in…which should be obvious by my past results (lifetime I'm in dead last).

That's it, pretty simple. If you have any questions please let me know and I'll get you all the info you need. So you have about 1 more week to study up or pray a lot or whatever else might work for you when trying to beat the smaaat kids that make these numbers. Good Luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment