Thursday, September 4, 2008

Week 2 Picks & Preview

Time for week 2 of our illustrious challenge, MR took the title in Week 1, let's see who's the smartest or luckiest for week 2.

I won't go over all the picks, but I'll send them out in an email right after this post.

Here's my preview w/predictions for the week:

SC-VANDY
this will be a brutally ugly game, but Vandy will not score more than 10 points...I think SC scores at least 20 and covers...24-7.
MIA-FLA
line is too big on this one, possible weather issues make me like this pick even more...Canes improve, but don't win - GATORS 24-10
GT-BC
this is one of the most interesting games of the week. GT triple option vs. the grinder "do enough to win" style of BC...I will beileve in the triple option if it goes well this week against a great run defense - I like BC 24-14 (every winning team will score 24 this week!)
NW only -6.5 at DUKE...call me crazy, but I think Duke still sucks..Cats 41-21.
WV-ECU
the 2nd tough test for ECU, I still don't like WV, and think this will be close...WV still wins 27-20.
WF-OLE MISS
love WF in this one, OLE was outplayed last week and still beat Memphis, won't be as lucky against a nice Deacon Defense...WF 34-17
BYU at WASH - hmmm, washington is terrible, the mormons are pretty good...this could be very ugly...44-20
TTECH at NEV - only an 8 1/2 pt favorite...should see LOTS of points from these two, but I'll take the TT offense (and defense) over NEV's...55-35
OREST-PSU
I think OreST stays with PSU and makes this one closer than expected...PSU wins 24-20

and finally the Gophers...
At +4 I don't think I can confidently pick the club to win this game or cover this line. I love them at +7.5, because I think this will be very close and decided by one score. BG was outplayed by Pitt and won because of turnovers, so if the Gophers can take care of the ball they have a chance. BG doesn't run well, so they will spread it out and throw all day - not with the ease that they did last year, but they'll still rack up around 300 yards. It will be up to Adam Weber and that offense to keep pace. The running game needs to be better, and they need to get some of the young playmakers involved at WR...if the offense plays well we can win, the official prediction of the TREE is GOPHERS in a stunner 35-34. 2-0, wouldn't it be sweet?

NFL picks also started this week...some thoughts:
NYG should have no problem tonight, still not a WASH believer.
Love NYJ at MIA -3, hate to say it, but Favre will make this a much improved team.
I'll take CIN over BAL and DET over ATL, never bet on a rookie QB in their first ever game.
Like BUFF as a sneaky "upset" over SEA this week. I think the Bills will be much better this year.
I think TEN is going to suck every year, but somehow they win 8-10 games every year. Well, I'm sticking with it for 2008...JAGS should roll and cover at TEN this week.
ARI only -2.5 at SF, seriously, JT O'Sullivan? this is free money, right?
INDY at only -9 hosting the lowly Bears? once again, free money.
DEN -3 at OAK (see ARI at SF)

VIKES +3 at GB
defense should come out and dominate from the start. i still don't believe in A-Rodge (worst nickname ever?). Running game should be nil for GB, and pressure should be there all night long. Over/under on Jared Allen sack 2.5 for Monday. The Pack still has a defense, so that could be dicey. Don't think Adrian will have a huge night, but I like TJACK coming out and throwing for 200+ and a couple of score for the W. Vikes win 24-20...if you score 24 you will win this week.

That's all I got - talk to you guys later.

Go Gophers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment