Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Interesting Developments

I'm sure you've all heard the news about TJack and his career basically coming to a close this afternoon - here's what I think:

1. He was an incredible gamble in the first place, should we have reasonably expected anything more than what we actually got from him. How many big-time or even average QB's have come from a school that small.

2. The offense is as poorly designed as anything I've seen in the NFL in a long long time. How well have other QB's fared in this system (BJohnson, Holcomb, Bollinger) not exactly 3 hall-of-famers, but not once did we show any signs of being competant with the pass.

3. It will be a nice test run for Gus to see if anything changes, but I'm not expecting much. If he looks terrible, then what do you do? You can't go back to TJack and Booty clearly can't play yet, if ever. I honestly think the best option at that point is to go and get our roll on. Honestly, if DC would enter the competition right now, can you say he's not the best QB on the team? I would even take him over the supposedly available JGarcia.

It will be a fun watch on Sunday - it's getting to the point where I'm almost ready for them to suck ass and get a good pick...sad, I know, but I just don't think they have a chance of doing anything great this year - so I'd rather suck, draft a GOOD QB, get a new coach, and try to start something great while we have the supporting cast.

Who knows, a win on Sunday, and some resemblance of a passing game may change my mind - but through 2 years and 2 games of the same crap, I am highly doubting that anything will change.

Go Wildcats tonight - Louisville sucks...but I'm only hitting 40% this year, so if you're in Vegas the Cards are a sure bet.

More tomorrow with the weekly preview.

Later Guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment