Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Response to Tree's 4 MN Franchises

I think I would have to agree with the order of the MN franchises. Here are my thoughts on each:

1)Twins: Our one franchise that you can count on to be there in the end each year and not piss it away (at least not consistently like #2). The signing of Crede makes us a legit contender this year. We have a starting rotation that is like the Braves of the 90s. We have Baby Jesus behind the plate. We have 4 outfielders that can play. Our corners in the infield are All-Stars. We have the greatest backup catcher in the league. Our closer is a stud. What more could you want in a team? Our manager is great and people get behind the team. Our farm system is top notch and we always develop great talent. The outdoor stadium is only going to do more for the team. I look for the Twins to stay #1 in MN for awhile.

2)Vikings: The only team that I consistently go to games of. I decided to re-up my season tickets for one more year (I think I have been saying this for a few years now), but after seeing a playoff game last year, I have to think that there is more to come. AP is a stud and is worth the price of admission. We tried to get a big-time receiver and failed because we wouldn't pay a few million dollars more. That doesn't matter though because we have no one to throw the ball to him. Getting Sage is a joke. We are a team that needs to win now--I know Sage isn't young, but he isn't experienced. We needed to get Hasselbeck or Garcia. There is less than a 1% chance of getting Cutler, although it is intriguing. If we get Cutler, I bet Housh would have liked to make a decision to be in purple. Chilly is a terrible coach. Our fans are the most band-wagon fans in the world, but it is still the NFL, which reigns supreme. Did I mention that our stadium sucks? I hope that the LA rumors don't come to truth, but if we don't build a new stadium, the purple is gone. We are always around .500, but never do anything with those playoff chances.

3)Wild: The MN team that I follow the least. I see that we signed Backstrom for 4 years, so that is a huge help. Our best player is constantly hurt, and when he isn't hurt, he chokes in the playoffs anyway. We are not able to go out and sign the big free agent. Our drafting is horrible..we don't develop much of our talent. Our coach provides awesome sound bytes and gets a lot of the guys, but he is on his way out. We have an awesome stadium and a great game atmosphere.

4) Timberwolves: I am still a Kevin Love fan, and I think he will be a decent player in the future. Al is fun to watch when he has both ACLs. We have a few young guys that are looking like they can play. Randy Foye would look better with the Blazers and Brandon Roy should be here. McHale is a terrible GM, but is an OK coach. We are about 4 players away from a playoff contender, but we are heading in the right direction (however, we have been rebuilding for the last 3 or so years). But hey, we have a cool mascot and some yeah-baby's on the dance team.

No comments:

Post a Comment